Since we moved to South Carolina and into our new house, I’ve wanted a robot vacuum. With the combination of Adi (and then eventually Brooke too), Stephen and I both working full-time, and our dark floors, I felt like I couldn’t keep up. I would come home from work and vacuum for half an hour and then before we went to bed I felt like I already needed to vacuum again. As crazy as this might sound, I actually enjoy vacuuming but with considering how many other things I have to do daily, it just didn’t seem like an efficient use of my time. Hence my desire to own a robot vacuum.
I was hoping to get one for Christmas but my mom surprised us when she sent us one after Stephen and I had helped her at home when we visited last time. It was such a pleasant surprise. I was over-the-moon excited to start using it. I didn’t want to say much about it until we tested it out for a while so after two solid months of using it, I’m really excited to share what we think!
THIS is the vacuum that my mom ended up purchasing. It was relatively inexpensive compared to other options out there and it has good reviews on Amazon. We named him Nigel. The more he’s in the house, the more we find ourselves talking to him like he’s another dog. It’s hilarious!
We keep the charger to the vacuum in the office corner. This spot has worked best for us because there aren’t any doors that can keep the vacuum separated from the charger. When the vacuum is done cleaning, it’s able to make its way back to the charger on its own! It looks like a “walk of shame” but hey, it makes it (and makes us laugh every time).
- The floors stay clean. Both the hard floors and the carpet. It’s AMAZING! Hair, dog toy fuzz, dirt, sand, you name it. It’ll get it!
- It can be set on a schedule so that it cleans daily on its own.
- It’s relatively inexpensive. I just looked and it’s currently ON SALE so it’s even less expensive than what my mom purchased it for!
- We don’t have to stare at dirty floors.
- It relieves so much stress for us. Walking into dirty floors every day would drive me NUTS so this helps tremendously.
- I can get other tasks done while the whole house gets vacuumed aka it’s a big time saver.
- It’s able to vacuum under and through tight spots that our normal vacuum couldn’t reach without moving things.
- After it “trains itself” the vacuum will get itself back onto the charger. We thought that was pretty amazing.
- The canister isn’t huge. With the amount of dog hair we have, it must be emptied daily at a minimum. I heard that this is a complaint for most if not all robot vacuums though. This is the reason we don’t have ours on a timer because it forces me to clean out the canister before I start him up every day after work.
- It gets stuck on some things that are left on the floor like shoelaces, rugs with tassels, and blankets. He’ll basically beep at us until we untangle the brushes and sent him back off on his way. This is also a PRO though because it forces us to keep stuff off the floor. The rug with the tassels though was extremely annoying. So annoying that I just went again and cut the tassels off. Having a clean floor was more important to me than they were.
- Every so often we’ll lose Nigel. He’ll go into a room and get himself stuck under a bed or in a tight spot and can’t get himself out. Again, we just find him and help him on his way.
We really hope this helps if you’re interested in purchasing a robot vacuum. We absolutely love ours and definitely think that the pros far outweigh the cons. This would be a great Christmas gift (reminder: it’s currently on sale)! If you decide to get yourself a “Nigel” we’d love to hear what you think about it! I’ve also already received messages about what you named your robot vacuum. You guys are hilarious!
As always, let us know if you have any questions and thank you so much for your support.
I sincerely appreciate you all shopping through my affiliate links like the ones included in this post. I make a small commission when you purchase through these links at no extra cost to you. These funds help support my family and allow for us to produce better content for you all. I can’t thank you enough for supporting all that we do!