This post may contain affiliate links.
Happy #weddingwednesday! A lot of you are from Northern Virginia and are about to get married yourselves so I wanted to share all of our amazing vendors with you all. We worked really hard to find this team and we’re so glad they were a part of our special day. We’d highly recommend any of them
- Ceremony Venue: St. Timothy Catholic Church in Chantilly, VA.
- Reception Venue: We had a tent reception on our yard outside of the house I grew up in!
- Rentals: We rented everything for the reception from Sammy’s Rental – the tent, utensils, linens, China, chairs, glassware, etc. They were the most inexpensive in the Northern Virginia area and they were so easy to work with.
- Invitations/Printed Materials: Anything printed on paper was created by Savannah of Savannah Yokley Design. She designed everything and then we printed it out on inexpensive paper from Walmart or Amazon. She definitely helped us save so much money on our wedding. If you ever need someone to help with anything design related, she’s the girl to contact.
- Hand Lettering: I had tons of help from @natalligraphy! We had a bit of a difficult situation to deal with considering all of the materials were in Virginia, I was living in Kentucky, and Natalee was in St. Louis but we managed to get it done! She wrote everything out for me on her iPad and I was able to use it as a stencil of sorts. I couldn’t have done it without her! She has a really special, beautiful gift.
- Florals: Anything floral at our wedding from the beautiful bouquets, to the wreathes outside of the house, the floral chandeliers hanging in the tent, and the floating J&S in the pool was created by our great family friend, Jacque. I could go on and on about how talented and special of a lady Jacque is. Everything she created for our special day was stunning. I don’t know if she’s doing many weddings anymore but if you’re interested in her contact info I can definitely share that with you! Email me at email@example.com or DM me if you would like her info.
- Music: DJ Max Powers was AMAZING and kept people dancing all night long! The music was one of the most important decisions for us because we know how much power (no pun intended) the DJ has over the celebration. We are so happy we chose DJ Max! The best part is how affordable he was. He was worth every single penny and then some.
- Photographer: Read all about how we chose Luck & Love Photography here. She’s the BEST!
- Bridesmaids Dresses: Click here to learn ALL about our bridesmaids dresses! Purchasing the dresses from Azazie was one of the best decisions we made.
- Wedding Dress: The story behind my used wedding dress is here. I still love that dress so much and am so proud of the way it turned out!
- Guest Book and Seating Chart: Miss Design Berry did such a great job bringing my vision for our guest book to life! It was a really great surprise for Stephen. He loved it (and still does)!
- Wedding Planner: Me and Mama Newk (my mom)!
- Day of Coordinator: My mom found our wedding coordinator, Melissa Sawyer, on Craigslist (not even joking). We decided to have a coordinator simply because my mom and I had planned the entire thing up until that point and didn’t want to have to worry about any logistics the day of. Melissa is in the Air Force too so she was really great at making sure everything stayed on schedule and dealing with any issues that popped up. We were really glad she was there to help us.
- Food: My mom and I have catered parties with food from Alexandria Pastry Shop for years so we said a long time ago that we would use them for the wedding. Everything they make is so delicious.
- Catering Team: With many, many years of catering experience under her belt, my mom decided to manage all of this on her own. She figured out the number of wait staff and bartenders we’d need and called up all of her catering friends to create a kick butt team. She did a dang good job! Everyone was so fantastic to work with; especially Mike because he made sure I got to try all of the hors d’oeuvres and that I always had a drink in my hand. 😉
- Cake: I did a lot of research before we finally decided on trying Fluffy Thoughts Cakes. Our tasting was SO MUCH FUN! They had multiple mini cakes based on our preferences that we specified before the appointment along with so many different buttercream flavors, ganache options, fruits, candies, etc. We essentially got to customize our own flavors instead of having to pick from a list. Boy do I wish I could be eating a slice right now…
- Donuts: Krispy Kreme Donuts because… duh.
If you have any questions or need any help please let me know! You can always reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Have a great day, friends!