Hi! Starting today I’m going to be sharing our monthly Essential Rewards orders with you all so that you can understand how we incorporate Young Living products into our home and give you some ideas for what you put on your orders too. If you’re wondering what in the heck I’m even referring to, I wrote all about it in THIS post but I’ll also explain it here!
Essential Rewards is Young Living’s completely optional loyalty program that has no monthly commitment and can be cancelled at any time. There is no fee to start up or cancel and it makes ordering monthly very convenient. It’s simply a way for Young Living to say, “Thank you for being such a loyal customer!” by rewarding you with reduced shipping, rewards points, promos, and loyalty gifts at 3, 6, 9 and 12 months.
My suggestion is to sign up for Essential Rewards at the time of purchasing your starter kit. That way, you can get at least $10 worth credits back at that time. If you decide the following month that you don’t want to purchase anything on Essential Rewards (which I would bet will not be the case), then you can cancel for free.
If you decide to participate in ER and spend a minimum of 50 PV ($50) a month, you are able to earn points back every month to purchase products with. In months 1-3, you’ll earn 10%, 4-24 months you’ll earn 20%, and 25+ months you’ll earn 25%. Think purchasing face wash, baby diapers, laundry detergent, dish soap… Typical stores that you go to for these items don’t give those discounts AND offer high quality products like these!
If you want to start replacing products in your home, the best way to do that is by purchasing a starter kit HERE. Once you purchase a starter kit, everything is wholesale price!
Every month we place a giant order on ER so that we are able to continue ditching and switching out products in our home (although we have pretty much replaced everything with YL products now!), earn free product, and earn back credit for future orders.
If you’re just starting out on Essential Rewards, my suggestion for your order is to start with what you use most. For us, it was cleaning supplies! I would highly suggest start by getting Thieves laundry detergent (we love it!), Thieves dish soap, and Thieves household cleaner (this will last you for months!!). You can also add in a couple of popular oils such as the ones to make the Anthro inspired volcano diffuser blend: Northern Lights Black Spruce EO, Grapefruit, Bergamot, and Geranium, which you can also use in your glow moisturizer!
In the second month, think of what you use most next… For us that was what we put on our skin daily, our soaps! The charcoal bar of soap is my favorite to wash my face morning and night but people also really love the Orange Blossom Face Cleanser! I love the Lavender and Mint Shampoo and Conditioner for my hair. If you have finer hair, I’d suggest trying the Lavender Volume Shampoo + Conditioner!
In the third month, tackle the next area you need to replace in your home. For us, we had to stock up on some oils we had started running out of and laundry detergent and dish soap. I also used this month to try out Savvy Minerals, Young Living’s makeup line and I am SO impressed. It’s all I use now!
Here’s what we ordered for the month of August! Since we placed a large order, we were able to get a bunch of amazing freebies for the month that we’re really excited about:
- Orange, Lime, and Lemon Essential Oils: These are staples in our diffuser blends and inexpensive! We go through these quickly.
- Stephen needed body wash so we ordered the 3-in-1 Shutran soap for men. It smells yummy!
- Peppermint, Rosemary, and Clove Essential Oils: I use these in our garden pest spray. The spray has been working better than I could’ve ever imagined so I’m afraid to stop using it. Since I started using it regularly I have not found ONE hornworm. How amazing is that?! Rosemary is also used in a lot of my hair product recipes such as my gel and refresh spray. All three of these oils are amazing to diffuse as well.
- Ylang Ylang Essential Oil: I specifically put this one on our ER order because since I started with YL, it has only been available on quick order. I was so excited I almost purchased multiple! Ylang ylang has a beautiful scent and is great for libido support! Follow @lucylibido to learn all about that!
- Joy Essential Oil: I have never used this oil before but I’m a big fan of joy and have heard so many great things about it. I’m so excited to use this once it arrives! I will definitely diffuse it and probably make it into a roller bottle so that I can rub it on my wrists throughout the day.
- Valor Essential Oil: This is our empowering, encouraging powerhouse of an oil. This oil comes in the Starter Kit which is amazing! We use this in the diffuser and in multiple roller bottle blends. If I am giving away a roller bottle to a friend to say thank you or just because, this is usually one of the first oils I had to the bottle. It’s so so so good! It smells woodsy and sweet at the same time.
- Eucalyptus Radiata Essential Oil: Eucalyptus is great as an expectorant and purifier and has a lot of antimicrobial properties. I wanted to add this one to our wellness arsenal especially for the fall and winter months. I’ve heard when diffused with lime, it smells like a spa!
- Purification Essential Oil: It doesn’t surprise me that we ran out of this oil so quickly. Purification is great to diffuse to purify the air and get rid of any musty or bad odors. I love to diffuse it while I’m painting. I also make a bathroom spray using Purification, witch hazel, and water that works amazingly!
- Deep Relief Roll On: I was so so so excited to get this one and rightfully so. It is so great for muscle support and relieving any head tension. I rub this one all over me when I’m starting to feel tight or sore from a WOD. If I’m starting to feel a headache coming on, I’ll roll this on my temples and let it work its magic!
- Savvy Minerals Veil Powder and Seedlings Diaper Rash Cream: Both of these are for my makeup! I combine the diaper rash cream with my foundation powder to make my concealer. I love it. I’m so excited for the Veil Powder to arrive! It is a highlighter to use over your makeup. It looks so beautiful on everyone I’ve seen wearing it!
Freebies: Every month we have different promos on Essential Rewards. This months promos are perfect for the upcoming fall season and school!
One of the first things I did when I received the Starter Kit was make a Thieves roller bottle for immune support. I combined 10 drops each of Thieves, Lemon, and Frankincense. I rub it on the back of my neck and Stephen’s neck every night before going to sleep. This convenient Thieves roll on works amazingly too! We’re also excited to try the Super C Chewable for an added immune boost going into the colder months.
Citrus Fresh is a happy, uplifting oil that is great to diffuse and add to so many different blends. KidScents Tummygize is the kids version of Digize for bigger humans! Digize is liquid gold when it comes to tummy support. I’m sure when we have kids, we’ll be using Tummygize to support any upset stomachs. I was skeptical whether or not Digize would work well but I’m amazed every single time I use it at its power. I bet the kids version works just as much magic for them too!
If you want to start replacing products in your home, the best way to do that is by purchasing a starter kit HERE.
I would love to link up and walk together on this journey towards a healthier and happier home. Please let me know if you have any questions!